All forward-thinking CISOs are looking to utilize managed detection and response (MDR) to defend their organizations against targeted attacks by live, human adversaries.
But how do you choose a provider in an increasingly crowded marketplace?
In line with recommendations made in the Gartner Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response Services, you should choose an MDR provider that has:
- A mature, proprietary endpoint agent
- A CIR-accredited live response team
- Advanced containment and forensic capabilities
- Threat disruption customized to specific attacks
- Monitoring of the cloud and O365
- Log management
In addition, you should ensure your provider is:
- An MDR in origin, not a re-branded MSSP
- A partner for your SOC to upscale your internal detection and response expertise
- One of the representative providers listed in the Gartner Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response Services